As recently as 2006, autophagy was only "background noise" in dermatology. Since that date, SILAB's advanced research with its university partners has enabled it to implement a research strategy to more fully understand this machinery and its functions in the skin.
- 10 years of active research,
- 4 national and international patents,
- 2 doctoral theses and 2 partnerships with public research laboratories*,
- 7 worldwide communications, including 4 publications and 3 conferences,
- 1 innovation award,
- 1 international seminar organized by SILAB on April 15, 2013 at the "Maison de la Chimie" in Paris.
SILAB is an innovating pioneer in its field, having unique experience with cutaneous autophagy resulting from its work with novel biological models. This essential modeling approach is a major strong point in the investigation of the mechanisms of autophagy.
In 2009, SILAB proposed the cosmetic ingredient CELLDETOX®, a modulator of autophagy, currently available on the market and very popular. This biotechnology ingredient acts on autophagy markers (lysosomes, LC3), revives the radiance of intoxicated skin and smoothes microrelief after only 2 weeks of use; after 4 weeks, the complexion is uniform and wrinkles are attenuated.
It is a genuine booster of cell detoxification and longevity, providing a second youth to fatigued skin.
SILAB remains consistent with its strategy, continuing to extend the scope of its research to investigating new autophagy pathways such as mitophagy, the autophagy of mitochondria.
* EA 3842, Cell Homeostasis and Pathologies, School of Medicine, Limoges, France
UMR 5239, Molecular Biology of the Cell Laboratory, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, CNRS – UCBL – ENS Lyon, France.